February/March 2019 SWM Prayer Letter
Philip ran to the Ethiopian man’s chariot and asked the question, “Understandest thou what thou readest?” The response was, “How can I, except some man should guide me?” (Acts 8:30-31). This high-ranking Ethiopian man had education, but not Bible knowledge. At Silent Word Ministries, it is our joy to represent you for Jesus Christ and share the Bible especially with Deaf people. Many do not know because no one has told them the Gospel in their language or in a way they can understand.
At our annual Board of Directors meeting in February we shared of God’s rich blessings in and through our ministry. Ted Camp, SWM Overseer, reported SWM is solid financially. Jim Bracelin, SWM Vice President and Director of Outreach, demonstrated how SWM is reaching into the Deaf world with online videos. I reported how the influence of SWM continues to grow.
SWM’s “Good News for Deaf People” video (with Deaf Evangelist Ronnie Rice) has now been distributed (DVD) or viewed online 148,545 times. Last December we received an email telling how a deaf man in La Jalca, a small town in a remote area in Peru, viewed that video. Although no one present spoke his language, the report said it was apparent he trusted Jesus Christ as his Savior.
Frank Rasmussen, SWM Advisor/Assistant, said it is amazing how SWM does so much with so little. After the meeting there was a fellowship in celebration of Ted and Carlene Camp’s 60th wedding anniversary! We are very grateful for the history, leadership, and blessings the Lord has given!
Growth and Outreach – SWM began in 1966. In 1993 SWM relocated back “home” to Trenton, Georgia. In 1998 the Silent Word Mission Board was established, with Allen Snare as the first Deaf missionary. In 2004 Silent Word Ministries International began, giving SWM a truly international outreach, as David Bennett joined SWM. From a small newspaper, The Silent Word, to the Silent Word Ministry, to Silent Word Ministries, SWM continues to reach more and more people with the Gospel!
Please pray for and consider financial support for our mission team members and Silent Word Ministries.
- Jon & Diane Barr • Missionary to Deaf • President • Director of Operations
- Tabitha Beam • Home Office Missionary • Missionary to the Missionaries
- David & Vicki Bennett • Missionary to Deaf • Director, SWM International
- Jim & Terry Bracelin • Missionary to Deaf • VP • Director of Outreach & NE
- Ted & Carlene Camp • Missionary to Deaf • SWM Overseer
- Reed & Donna Condra • Missionary to Deaf • Teacher • Helper
- Nicole Condra • Missionary to Deaf • Romania
- Larry & Diana Galyen • Missionary, SWM Ministry of Helps
- Bud & Jenna Ring • Missionary to Deaf • Canada
- Allen Snare • Deaf Missionary to Deaf • SWM Printer
- Paul & Rachel Strosnider • Missionary to Deaf • Church Planter
- Bruce Stuart & Amanda Stuart • Missionary to Deaf • Gabon
- Silent Word Ministries
- Silent Word Ministries International
(SWM mission team members receive 100% of the funds designated for them.)
Thank you for the privilege of representing you and the Lord as we fulfill the Great Commission into the Deaf “World.” One can accomplish much – many can accomplish much more!
Also, please prayerfully consider the enclosed special Asphalt Project. Thank you.
For Deaf Souls,
President, Director of Operations
be sent to “Silent Word Ministries” and designated
with the mission team member’s last name, SWM, orSWMI.