2019-09 Prayer Letter
“Now then we are ambassadors for Christ….” – 2 Corinthians 5:20
when they were come, and had gathered the church together,
they rehearsed all that God had done with them….” – Acts 14:27
Each of us that serves with the Silent Word Mission Board represents Christ on behalf of our supporters and in places they may not be able to go. We help the local church fulfill the Great Commission to “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15). That is done in several ways.
Deputation Ministry – Our desire is to present the specific burden God has given us, encourage and increase the Great Commission burden of others, effectively minister to those around us, and enlist the help of prayer and financial supporters. We desire to be a blessing and a help to the churches where we present our ministries. Mission conferences are a great time for both our missionaries and local churches.
Special Meetings – Although raising support is an important focus for missionaries, we are involved in ministry while support is being raised. While on deputation, our missionaries have served in children’s meetings, Christian camps, youth group activities, Christian college missions emphasis weeks, short-term mission trips, and Silent Word Ministries training meetings such as Fantastic Saturdays, ASL Institute for church interpreters, and the Deaf Bible Conference.
Literature, Videos, and Internet – These days “silly cat videos” and meaningless blog postings fill email inboxes. But for us, publishing God’s Word far and wide has never been easier. It is a great blessing to receive letters and emails from people who value SWM literature, our team’s online videos, the Silent Word Newspaper, and our email updates, training, and devotional thoughts. This month, I’d like to share with you what others are saying about Silent Word Ministries.
- “You have made a great impact on my life. I’m thankful that the Lord directed my path to your ministry.”
- “Your commitment to leading Deaf folks to Christ and to teaching God’s Word is awesome!”
- “After attending an SWM meeting, I decided I need to study the Bible more for myself.”
- “ASL Institute is the best resource and teaching program for church interpreters.”
- “Your materials are a great blessing to me. My understanding has been enlightened.”
- “I just want to thank you for the incredible ministry you have here!”
- “May God keep His mighty hand upon you and your ministry.”
- “Thank you for your faithful service to the Deaf and to Christ.”
This year there have been 180 reported salvation decisions from SWM’s 24/7/365 ministries. We thank God for your faithful prayers and support which help make this unique missionary ministry possible. But more laborers are needed. Please pray that the Lord will add to our team to help us do more for Him. “So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase… we (you and us) are labourers together with God” (1 Corinthians 3:7). It is obvious that this is His ministry. We are His ambassadors. May the Lord bless us all as we serve Him together!
President, Director of Operations