2020-11 Prayer Letter (SWM)
November/December 2020 SWM Prayer Letter
Dear SWM Friends,
It has been our privilege to serve the Lord with you in this unusual year! “The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.” (Psalms 126:3). Rejoice with us as we share these blessings from 2020! This is fruit that abounds to your account (Philippians 4:17).
- Salvation Decisions – 115 (through October) in all areas of our ministry.
- Three new SWM International Missionaries – Monique Lindsey (Liberia), Ben and Marie Muldoon (Romania/Europe), and Carrie Whaley (Liberia).
- One new SWM Deaf Missionary – J.T. Gorham has been in training at SWM and has now been approved as our newest missionary. J.T. is hard-of-hearing/deaf, and has a great burden for reaching the Deaf “next generation” for Christ.
- Eagle Soar Deaf Ministry Training – 33 Episodes produced – over 7,000 followers
- Deaf Bible Institute – 6 Salvation Decisions – 1654 All-time Enrollment – 108 Deaf People Studying Online – These courses are offered free of charge for Deaf people.
- Literature – SWM has over 400 Deaf ministry resources available, including booklets, manuals, and tracts. Most have been produced at SWM and 291 arePDF downloads.
- Pandemic – We have been very fortunate at the SWM office. Some have been infected, but no one has become sick. Our traveling team has been affected, but report they have recovered or are improving. Thank you for continued prayers!
Our goal is to go into all the world, but we “Specialize in Deaf Ministry.” We recognize our special responsibility to reach and teach the Deaf world for Christ. Some may not know that approximately 80% of deaf people worldwide “receive no education at all” (World Federation of the Deaf). These Deaf probably do not know sign language, which means they probably have never been told about Jesus Christ. Even in the USA, Deaf people tend to grow up without knowing the simple Gospel. The need is great! We must tell them. We are seeking to reach the unreached Deaf world for Christ. God doesn’t call everyone to the deaf ministry, but He does call some. He called us! You may not know sign language or Deaf culture, but we do. Thank you for investing and making our ministry possible.
We at SWM are glad to be your partners and your hands to take the Gospel to Deaf people. We are glad to sacrifice, travel, face unknowns and challenges, and serve the Lord as your missionaries. We are glad to trust the Lord to work through us to reach the Deaf (PS 92:4). We are glad to see Deaf souls saved and taught (PS 70:4). We all will be glad, both you and us, for the great rewards in Heaven (MT 5:12). Thank you! Let us rejoice together for God’s blessings!
President, Director of Operations
Please visit SilentWord.org to learn more about our ministry or to donate.